Computer engineer is a broad word under which there are many job roles. As a computer engineer you would be responsible for developing, designing, testing and implementing various computer based software and hardware, which includes certain components found inside the computer equipment. You have to care for the devices within the computer and the software which power these machines. Computer engineers have to design the network and assure its security by integrating various software programs and hardware. Computer engineers are in heavy demand all through the business sectors in the US. You can work in a multitude of sectors based on your skills and expertise. A job in MNC is waiting for you if you have a well written computer engineer resume backing your application. Resume reflects your personality, skills and passion in a very effective manner. It is important that resume has all the right components.
How to Write Computer Engineer Resume Objective?
Computer science is needed in most things that are done at a workplace. Every organization needs a computer engineer, no matter what sector they work in. Your job scope may take you across diverse industries. You may apply for a vast number of roles such as android developer, network security professional, cloud specialist, database management and other troubleshooting scopes. Computer engineers should possess a degree in computer sciences from a reputable university.
Any computer engineer should have a good idea of languages, data structures and algorithms. You may have certain specializations helping you prosper in a particular job area. The objective section of your resume gives first peek to the recruiters about your temperament and skills. It tells the recruiters a fair bit about your personality. It conveys: why you are best person for the job.
Sample Computer Engineer Resume Objectives
- Looking for the job of a Network Administrator to utilize my knowledge of routers and switches and experience in handling specific networks.
- Seeking the position of IT Security Officer where my experience in network protocols and skills with computer management and troubleshooting will help achieve a smooth flow to IT operations.
- To obtain the position of Information Technology Manager and use my skills/education and management of personnel to manage the IT department effectively.
- Seeking the job of Database Manager where my knowledge of coding and maintaining databases can be used to maintain information and records.
How to Write Computer Engineer Resume Skills?
As mentioned before computer engineering is an extensive term and the skills may vary from one job scope to the other. The skills will primarily depend on whether your job is related to software or hardware. The recruiters want professionals with specific skills, so it is important to understand the job description and then make appropriate changes in your skills section. Below are some general skills that you may include in the computer engineer resume:
- Good understanding of the computer hardware architecture
- Experienced in coding, designing and testing software
- Experienced in software testing processes and scripts
- Skilled in building computer systems
- In-depth understanding of various operating systems such as Linux and Windows
- Detailed understanding of software and their efficiency
- Understanding of device drivers
- Skilled in networking and security
- In-depth understanding of various programming languages
Modify your skills as per the needs of your profession. Give your education details and achievements in your past jobs.
Computer Engineer Resume Example
318 Some Road, Appleton, Wisconsin 54915
firstname.lastname@example.org, (012) 345-3789
Looking for the job of a Network Administrator to utilize my knowledge of routers and switches and experience in handling specific networks.
- Knowledgeable in Routing Protocols such as OSPF, RIP, IGRP, EIGRP, STP and BGP
- Skilled in Subnetting and TCP/IP
- Good in switching technologies such as VLAN and VTP
- Knowledgeable in PAT, NAT and ACLs
- Experienced in handling VPN and WAN
- Understanding of Microsoft Windows Server 2003-08
- Experienced in HyperV and VMware
- Skilled in installing operating systems and application software
- Troubleshooting skills
- Good knowledge of Linux
- In-depth understanding of MS Office
- Integrated GAN and MAN systems for smoothing work flow
- Installed WAN system for managing accounting information across multiple branches
Navistar Inc. – Brookfield, Wisconsin
- Installed, maintained and later performed troubleshooting tasks for the networks
- Managed all the user accounts and emails
- Ensured that the virus protection was updated
- Monitored network usage and optimized it based on employee needs
- Provided IT support to the employees and clients
- Analyzed the network on a regular basis and resolved problems when they occurred
N Sight – Green Bay, Wisconsin
- Installed software and hardware on the employee machines when needed
- Helped in wiring for networks
- Performed troubleshooting activities
- Assured security of the software and hardware
- Managed the company’s website
Bachelors in Computer Science from Greenville Technical University
Signature of Gary Simons
Computer Engineer Resume Sample [Instant Download]
Getting an interview call is highly depends on a well written resume.